Monday, April 11, 2011

Project: Party

So, interrupting my project time was a theme party thrown at my house.  It was 1920's themed, so my friend and I decided to make the entrance into a front for a speakeasy, which would be in the basement. We built some shelves with hide the stairs, a counter which flips up (after you say the password, of course) (also, the jar of animals crackers is screwed to it), false walls to confuse the people who had been to my house before, installed an olde phone and lined the place with vintage posters for candy and such.







This is the counter that flips up (hinge in the middle). The stairs are directly behind the shelves. After are the only two photos I took in one of the basement rooms. 80 people or so. I am still hungover and it is two days later...




 Since we had two actual bartenders coming to serve all night, I asked them what they wanted and delivered that too. Fixed the sink, which required some jury rigging since the jerks just hack sawed through the feed pipes. AND the pipe sizes were old school and did not fit any of the new adapters. So I stuck two adapters together to get the size I needed with a compression fitting.

Then I found out the next morning that some jerk hit one of the three raised bed gardens with their car. Update tomorrow on how I'm going to deal with that. Also, though I don't comment every day (mostly due to hangovers), I definitely check out all the people I'm following daily. Thinking enough to type is hard, though.

8 comments:

  1. the 1920s were awesome! sorry to hear about your bed garden though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party, good amount of effort :D Any reason for the party or just because, well, it's a party and why not? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something a lot of people will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, 80 guests? what a crazy party! do you have some sort of insurance for the garden accident?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post! keep up the good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like it gonna be a sweet party

    ReplyDelete